If your website is not currently mobile optimised you could be missing out on potential new business every day.
Now is the time to get your site mobile friendly so that it displays well on any mobile device whether that be a tablet or a smartphone.
Some quick mobile statistics:
- It is forecast that in 2013 39% of homes will have at least one table device (Nielsen, Australian Online Consumer Report)
- It is estimated that over 48% of Australians over 16 own a Smartphone (up 13% since 2011)
- Currently over 70% of Australians have internet access on their mobile device
- Over 60% of mobile users are unlikely to return to a site they had trouble accessing from their mobile device
There are many more but these should be compelling enough to start you thinking about making your website mobile friendly.
It doesn’t have to be difficult
As with anything technical there seems to be a lot of misinformation, confusion and jargon surrounding the mobile web. There are a number of options available to you if you are looking to make your website mobile friendly:
- Build a separate mobile site
- Create an alternate “view” or “style” for your site to present to mobile visitors
- Rebuild your current site to be mobile friendly (“responsive” or “fluid”)
Should you go mobile?
Deciding on when or if you should go mobile friendly should be a fairly simple task.
The first thing you should do as a business is to look at your website statistics to see how many visitors coming to your site are on a mobile device.
Anything over 10% and you should be seriously thinking about making your site mobile friendly. Do you really want to put off one in 10 visitors to your website?
If you have good statistics software (like Google Analytics) you can see what people are visiting on what devices, allowing you to put a plan together on how to service those visitors.
Getting it done
Of course you could try to implement a solution yourself, there are many resources available to help you but is that the best use of your time? Will the site be optimised and work on all devices?
By working with us you are gaining our years of experience in designing and delivering quality mobile optimised websites that deliver real results.
We use a clear and structured process to design and build your mobile website. We provide you with a clear and simple to understand plan that outlines the key stages and dates and what is happening at each step.
Each project is assigned a project manager to ensure your work comes in on time and to budget.
Let’s get started
Now is the right time to think about going mobile. As mobile usage starts to grow exponentially you can ensure that your website is ready to service this market and not miss out on potential new business.
Contact us today to have a no obligation chat to discuss your mobile website requirements.